THE CFCW Newsletter
SERVICE – CONSISTENCY – PURPOSE – HUNGER
Please help us in congratulating our AUGUST #SERVICE Member of the Month…
MEGAN WARREN !!!
** Brought to you by Reclaim Aesthetics & Wellness **
We asked Megan to share a few words on what #SERVICE means to her:
“Service to me is really just giving back. There have been many people, opportunities, and experiences in my life that have inspired me to enjoy serving my community and others!”
The CFCW community actively seeks out opportunities to serve. Whether it is inside or outside the gym, we exist to better serve the community by showing kindness, empathy, and selflessness.
Megan perfectly embodies our principle of #SERVICE every single day. Whether it’s in the gym or in life, she’s always looking for ways to go the extra mile to help others.
THANK YOU for your selfless acts of #SERVICE Megan, the CFCW community appreciates you!
CJ NELSON BENEFIT WOD
It was an honor getting to host this group of people for a TOUGH workout in remembrance of Edmond police officer, CJ Nelson.
THANK YOU for a great morning and for those that donated! <3
Our Annual STRENGTH CYCLE is here! We will always keep variety in our training and combine different training modalities, it is what CrossFitters do! The relentless pursuit of well rounded fitness!
However, this is our time to focus on GETTING STRONGER! Slowing down and focusing on strength is so important.
- Strength is a key component to building muscle, which is the most powerful tool for raising metabolism and keeping to you lean FOREVER
- Strength training is FAR MORE EFFECTIVE for improving body composition compared to “metcons” or “cardio”
- Strength often “unlocks” the path to higher level skills and movements. If you want to do pullups, handstand push-ups, complete workouts as RX’D, have a big clean and jerk, and give yourself the potential to complete any workout or movement. Strength is the foundation
- Enjoy the slower paced strength sessions. Embrace the opportunity to focus on lifting heavier and perfecting movement. Let’s get STRONG!
Hey team! Starting Friday 7/8, we will be replacing the Friday 6:30pm class with Open Gym from 6:30pm – 7:30pm. With the summer bringing on CRAZY heat and lots of traveling, we’ve been struggling to keep that class busy AND covered by a coach.
Don’t fret, the daily workout will still be posted and you’re welcome to complete that and/or any workout of your own! Long time 6:30 attendee Brandon Stone has come in clutch and offered to facilitate Open gym each Friday and answer any/all questions you might have
Thank you for being patient and for working with us to still provide you fitness on a Friday night (:
Here are a few good ways to prevent heat illness this summer:
- Stay hydrated properly with water and diluted electrolyte drinks (like DEFINE Hydrate etc.). When the body becomes dehydrated it loses its ability to properly cool itself.
- Make sure you acclimatize to your environment; if you spend all day indoors in a controlled environment you are more likely to suffer from heat related illness when you exercise in the heat.
- Remember to rehydrate after daily exercise; hydration is key to preventing heat related illnesses.
- Wear loose comfortable clothing; synthetics are best for wicking water from the skin.
- STOP when you need to STOP! Let a coach know if you are feeling sick, light headed or unwell!
CONGRATULATIONS to our July Committed Club and Platinum Club! WAY TO BE #COMMITTED!
Committed Club Platinum Winner: Caitlyn Pitchford !
Committed Club : 13 + Classes
Platinum Club : 16 + Classes
Still not logging? Sign-up for BTWB through the button below
and get in on the fun!
MEMBER CODE: CFCOMPLETE
NEWEST MEMBERS OF THE CFCW FAMILY
Head to our CFCW Members page on Facebook and give them a warm WEST welcome!