THE CFCW Newsletter
SERVICE – CONSISTENCY – PURPOSE – HUNGER
Please help us in congratulating our DECEMBER #HUNGER Member of the Month…
JIM LONG !!!
** Brought to you by Reclaim Aesthetics & Wellness **
Jim is a staple of the rambunctious 3:30 crew and always brings the juice. He can hold a conversation with anyone, and hangs with the best when it comes to the daily workout. He also isn’t afraid to tell you his honest feelings about it… It doesn’t get more OG than Jim!
Jim might not come in lovin’ the workout every day, but he shows up, puts in the work, and his #HUNGER to improve and build our community shows.
WHAT DOES HUNGER MEAN TO CFCW?
We believe #HUNGER means an individual has an undeniable ambition to improve in the gym, in life, and to help/inspire others on a daily basis.
Afternoons wouldn’t be the same without you Jimbo, the CFCW community is lucky to have you!
We are BACK with another 12 Days of Christmas!
- Expect daily (week days + Saturday) challenges from 12/12 – 12/24
- We’ll keep score, & you’ll have the chance to win prizes and/or bragging rights for each challenge!
We LOVE doing 12 Days each year to bring in some holiday spirit and count down to the big day…
FIRST TWO CHALLENGES ARE LIVE BELOW!
- Don’t forget to write your score on the back of the whiteboard!
- You can get a sneak peek of our daily challenges by heading over to our Facebook page and look out for the daily WOD post!
New YETI shirts/hoodies are IN!
Band of Savages UPDATE – Zac
What are your 2023 goals?
The goal of the BAND OF SAVAGES is to find and reward those who have dedicated themselves to the pursuit of elite, well rounded fitness.
New LEVELED Band of Savages
- See all new Standards at bottom of post!
- The BOS has been fantastic, BUT was not seen as realistic for most causing it to fizzle out! I have faith that we will see MORE FULL SAVAGES, but to increase effectiveness and participation….
I HAVE IMPROVED THE BAND OF SAVAGES TO INCLUDE 3 LEVELS OF FITNESS
- Gold (these standards are the same as original)
- There are 11 categories that hold different benchmarks.
- To enter the “Band of Savages” you must obtain 30+ of the 51 benchmarks and at least 1 in each of the 11 categories EXCEPT gymnastic skill. This is meant to be TOUGH and reward the dedicated, LONG TERM pursuit of well rounded fitness
- There are THREE levels to obtain in the BOS in each test and overall. BRONZE, SILVER, and GOLD.
- to achieve the BOS BRONZE, you must have 30 or more of the BRONZE Standards
- to achieve the BOS SILVER, you must have 30 or more of the SILVER Standards
- to achieve the BOS GOLD, you must have 30 or more of the GOLD Standards
- All movements and standards are held to COMPLETE standard
- Performance measures must have been accomplished within last 24 months
- Performance measures must be logged on the official “Band of Savages” scorecard and then your scorecard validated by a coach to enter the BOS.
- “Band of Savages” is based on the honor system, but true savages never lie
- Once you are in, you are in. This is a lifetime membership to the BOS. However, a true savage knows when they are no longer a savage and removes themself
- Open are under 40 years of age, Masters are 40+ years of age, Legends are 55+ years of age
YOU SHALL BE REWARDED AND RECOGNIZED
- GOLD Members will receive a picture on the Wall of Savages, a Band of Savages tee shirt, respect from their peers, and a lifetime of honor
- SILVER Members will a custom BOS Mug and Public recognition
- BRONZE Members will custom BOS Sticker and Public recognition
“CIVILIZE THE MIND, BUT MAKE SAVAGE THE BODY”
Bring a Friend is BACK 12/15!
Do you have friends that you’ve always wanted to bring to the gym? Do they see your Facebook posts and ask you, “what’s this crazy CrossFit thing about”?!
Well starting in October and EVERY MONTH moving forward, you’ll get the chance to show them!
We’re very excited to announce that we’ll be having a MONTHLY Bring a Friend Day at Complete West Health and Performance, on the 3rd Thursday each month.
We’re always looking to build our community and if your friends are as amazing as you guys are, we want to meet them!
- Our next BAF will take place Thursday, 12/15
- This will be a free, 60 min. class that can be modified to fit any and all skill levels!
Reminder that this is the ONLY TIME people with no CrossFit experience can come try out a class.
Programming to Finish out 2022!
What to expect in your weekly Class Programming
- A short, simple 4 week cycle to finish the year strong and enjoy the gym
- Lots of high intensity interval work applied across broad domains and times. We will work HARD, rest up, and repeat
- This will include lots of interval work applied to strength, conditioning, and CrossFit workouts
- A steady dose strength (absolute and bodyweight) and olympic lifts with an emphasis on power production
- structure/bodybuilding worked into warm-ups
- CrossFit movements/excitement people love applied intelligently with interval based volume and intensity
- GEARS. Gears will present days that focus on awareness and execution of pacing and effort applied to different style WOD’s.
- MOBILITY/BULLETPROOF FINISHERS
- Testing and Re-Testing for those who will be training hard, but enough variety to accommodate the busiest time of year!
Congratulations are in order for our members that participated in The Combine at Complete III
COMPLETE COURAGE AWARD: Pam Kennedy
Pam TOTALLY stepped outside of her comfort zone competing over the weekend. She had an awesome partner in Amanda Curlee to push her and prove to herself that YES SHE CAN! The support from Carie Allen & company of course helped too! At one point she even accidentally completed MULTIPLE rounds at the RX women’s weight.. Pam is an inspiration and proves CrossFit has no age limit, and that every one of you is capable of much more than you think!
SPIRIT OF THE COMBINE: Dustin Whitmore
Dustin was the UNDISPUTED MVP when it came to volunteering at the Combine. He was the first one there (literally beat Zac to the gym) and one of the last to leave! If you get to do class with Dustin you know his energy is infectious, and the combine was no different. He spread joy, positivity, and love to everyone he came across in MWC. And he’s the least judgy judge we’ve ever had (:
MASSIVE shoutout to all of those that competed and volunteered their time!
CONGRATULATIONS to our SEPTEMBER Committed Club and Platinum Club! WAY TO BE #COMMITTED!
Committed Club Platinum Winner: Lyndsey Holsinger !
Committed Club : 13 + Classes
Sammie Jo Seal
Platinum Club : 16 + Classes
Still not logging? Sign-up for BTWB through the button below
and get in on the fun!
MEMBER CODE: CFCOMPLETE
NEWEST MEMBERS OF THE CFCW FAMILY
Head to our CFCW Members page on Facebook and give them a warm WEST welcome!