THE CFCW Newsletter
SERVICE – CONSISTENCY – PURPOSE – HUNGER
Please help us in congratulating our JULY #HUNGER Member of the Month…
Karyssa rosales !!!
** Brought to you by Reclaim Aesthetics & Wellness **
We believe HUNGER means an individual has an undeniable ambition to improve in the gym, in life, and to help/inspire others on a daily basis.
Whether it’s taking pictures for the gym, taking care of her kiddos (Santos included), or chopping it up after class with the girls, Karyssa is ALL there with her full attention/effort.
Your mindset, positivity, and hunger are inspiring, the CFCW community is lucky to have Karyssa!
- This marks week 4 of our 8 week block of “Classic CrossFit” programming!
- Expect a lot more constantly varied, functional movements, served at high intensity; AKA CrossFit served the COMPLETE way.
LONGER, AEROBIC CLASSIC CROSSFIT STYLE WOD’S / BENCHMARKS
- that include specific warm-ups and skill development which will apply directly to that day’s WOD.
TRUE “HEAVY” DAYS
- We will focus on delivering a heavy stimulus in more classic CrossFit fashion. Think 5×5 across, 7 x 1 building to a heavy, or 10-8-6-4-2 increasing load as examples.
CROSSFIT SWEET SPOT WOD’S / BENCHMARKS
- these workouts will generally be couplets and triplets within the 6-12 minute range
- they will be accompanied by Grease the Groove/OTM skills that apply to that WOD, or structure work
- These days will focus on practicing and developing higher level skills OUTSIDE of the confines of intensity, scored reps, or a demanding clock or applied in that days’ workout
- These sessions, often done before or after CrossFit Sweet Spot WOD’s, are meant to build the physical structures of the body and keep us injury free
- will remain Partner/Team Hero or Classic CrossFit WOD’s / interval pieces, etc with a goal of serving a larger group with fun, effective day of training
Hey team! Starting Friday 7/8, we will be replacing the Friday 6:30pm class with Open Gym from 6:30pm – 7:30pm. With the summer bringing on CRAZY heat and lots of traveling, we’ve been struggling to keep that class busy AND covered by a coach.
Don’t fret, the daily workout will still be posted and you’re welcome to complete that and/or any workout of your own! Long time 6:30 attendee Brandon Stone has come in clutch and offered to facilitate Open gym each Friday and answer any/all questions you might have
Thank you for being patient and for working with us to still provide you fitness on a Friday night (:
Here are a few good ways to prevent heat illness this summer:
- Stay hydrated properly with water and diluted electrolyte drinks (like DEFINE Hydrate etc.). When the body becomes dehydrated it loses its ability to properly cool itself.
- Make sure you acclimatize to your environment; if you spend all day indoors in a controlled environment you are more likely to suffer from heat related illness when you exercise in the heat.
- Remember to rehydrate after daily exercise; hydration is key to preventing heat related illnesses.
- Wear loose comfortable clothing; synthetics are best for wicking water from the skin.
- STOP when you need to STOP! Let a coach know if you are feeling sick, light headed or unwell!
Cold Towels are BACK !
Huge shoutout to Kendall Hannon for making this possible <3 Feel free to grab a cold towel after class to help cool you down!
Please return all cold towels to the white bucket shown in the picture. We would like to keep these towels SEPARATE from the towels we use to clean the equipment. Thank you!
CONGRATULATIONS to our JUNE Committed Club and Platinum Club! WAY TO BE #COMMITTED!
Committed Club Platinum Winner: Erica LaFollette !
Committed Club : 13 + Classes
Platinum Club : 16 + Classes
Still not logging? Sign-up for BTWB through the button below
and get in on the fun!
MEMBER CODE: CFCOMPLETE
WE LOVE OUR COACHES!
Big Shout Out to Andy Lewis for heading up a GREAT Kid’s Murph on Memorial Day
The energy from this group was ELECTRIC!
Thank you Andy and Lillie <3
NEWEST MEMBERS OF THE CFCW FAMILY
Head to our CFCW Members page on Facebook and give them a warm WEST welcome!